Think you may have hearing loss? You’re not alone.
Take this quick test to see if a hearing evaluation appointment might be something you need to consider.
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice than they used to?
- Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
- Do you sometimes miss key words in a sentence, or frequently need to ask people to repeat themselves?
- When you are in a group or in a crowded restaurant, is it difficult for you to follow the conversation?
- When you are together with other people, does background noise bother you?
- Do you often need to turn up the volume on your TV or radio?
- Do you find it difficult to hear the doorbell or the telephone ring?
- Is carrying on a telephone conversation difficult?
- Do you find it difficult to pinpoint where an object is (e.g. an alarm clock or a telephone) from the noise it makes?
- Has someone close to you mentioned that you may have a problem with your hearing?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may be experiencing some hearing loss. We encourage you to schedule a hearing evaluation today by calling 616-575-1213 to book an appointment.
Print this test and bring it with you when you come for your appointment to help your Audiologist make an accurate diagnosis of your hearing ability.